All photography provided by Dolores Matthys - Furry Zen
Creating an animal rescue was always in the plans, but living in San Antonio for a over a year turned it into an action plan. There are Millions of pets out there who need our help, and they need it NOW.
We are a Holistic Animal Welfare Society focusing on the well-being of the animals who share our lives, near and far. We participate in rescue, rehabilitation, and care with a holistic focus and look to engage, educate, and encourage everyone to provide the best possible living environment for our fellow beings.
Our Focus and Passion
- EDUCATE and provide resources to guardians
- Rescue and provide HOLISTIC medical care to the pets in our (foster) care
- Provide HOSPICE care, resources and assistance to guardians
- Provide HOSPICE for the pets in our care
- Assist SENIOR or terminally ill guardians with resources and a potential safe haven for their beloved companion(s) when they can no longer care for them
- Rescue SENIOR pets in danger at (kill) shelters across the country and provide them with a safe and loving environment to live out their life
- ADVOCATE and EDUCATE for a kinder world for all beings
We do not discriminate based on breed, gender, age, size, color, sexual-orientation, gender or species identification, hair-do, or physical challenges. We LOVE them all!